I equate a good dentist check up to being a good person. I feel a personal responsibility each night and every morning to Dr. Meeks. One of my top 5 worst nightmares would be for him to think I wasn't doing due diligence in my dental hygiene routine.
I had my 6 month check up today. It was my best check up EVER. No cavaties, no calculus (the gross hard stuff), and minimal plaque. Also, the hygienest said I was funny, which is a huge win for me.
Dr. Meeks said I had gorgeous teeth to match my gorgeous face. I'm aware he was bullshitting me. Regardless, I don't think I've ever been so pleased with myself. I think going to the dentist affirms (or denies) my ability to be a responsible adult human. Dr. Meeks sees me twice a year and I'm always at the top of my game when he does. He doesn't know that I stayed up until 3 am watching Lockup Raw and didn't get my work done. He doesn't know that I didn't work out last week. He doesn't know that I'm dreading going to work. He doesn't know that I am falling behind on personal obligations. He doesn't know that I am questioning whether or not I will ever be sure of anything.
He always sees me and my teeth at their best. And that's why I love going to the dentist. I can hide all the real stuff and just be praised for doing my due diligence. Which is all I really want anyway.
Is this insane? Probably. And I don't care.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment