Friday, January 8, 2010

it's a suspicious, convienient loss

Loss is a big deal. I bet Colt McCoy thinks it's a big deal. By-the-way, how stupid is he for admitting he couldn't feel his arm on national TV? C'mon dude, the NFL is watching. Also, I highly doubt that God is concerned about your arm and/or your football career.

Anyway, sometimes loss happens when you least expect it (see post 10/14/2009), sometimes it happens when you most expect it. Sometimes you want to lose things (like fat, bad memories, and old ways) and sometimes a loss degrades your whole life in a way that can never be gained back.

You can lose ground, yourself, and eachother. I seem to have, recently. I want all 3 back. But, maybe I'll start with the middle one and work my way up to the other 2. I think if you have the middle one the other 2 will fall into place. At least, that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

So, I'll work and wait and hope that this is one of those losses that only looks like a loss. I'll hope it is a gain, a move onward and upward.

And if it isn't, it will be backward and downward, at least for a long while.

1 comment:

  1. We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.


    Joseph Campbell (1904 - 1987)

    ReplyDelete

Followers