During sweaty yoga yesterday, the teacher was talking us through a particulary hard pose. She was asking us to control our thoughts of giving up. Tune out everything except our thoughts on breathing and balance. Practice self control. As sweated/rained onto my mat, I decided that I'm not very good at self-control.
All I could think about while this teacher was telling me to focus was what sort of pasta I was going to reward myself with. I was also hoping that the guy next to me wouldn't shake sweat on me again. I was thinking about how I didn't get the caked on bird crap washed off my car. I was thinking about how much my hip was burning. I was wondering why ANYONE would go to a sweaty yoga class without deodorant. I was wishing I wasn't right by the heater.
All this to say, that I'm going to try really hard not to worry about the sweaty dude next to me. Or the stuff I didn't get done. I am going to be thankful that I could show up and work really hard. This might be called focus. This might be called self-control. This is more likely called just trying to do better.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment