Monday, February 1, 2010

24 going on 67

I'm 24. But, most of the time I might as well be 67. I like to drink coffee and read books. I like to go out to fancy restaurants, watch TV, and be asleep by 10:30. I like to wake up early and run/do yoga.

I 'went out' this weekend. You know, pregaming at someones apartment, paying $10 for parking downtown, going from bar to bar talking to dudes with gel in their hair and wearing Banana Republic shirts with the bottom button buttoned and an undershirt. I have never been so annoyed in my whole life.

I left, alone, and drove home at 11:30pm. I got a Frosty from Wendy's on the way home. That was my favorite part of the night.

So, as hard as I might try, I'm not like most other 24 year olds. I refuse to pay $10 for parking so that I can pay $6 for drinks so that I can talk to people I don't even like. I hate jacket conversation. I don't want to explain what I do to people looking past my shoulder at some 18 year old in Forever 21 gear.

I'm too old (biologically or otherwise) to pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers