If endings come as a package deal so do beginnings. Beginnings are more than a new house, haircut, job, or city. They are a small and precious window to be that person you said you'd be if you just didn't and if you maybe could. Beginnings mean new lives, new friends, and new hang-ups. More school, new homes, and new ways to be bored. More love, new security, and greater comfort. And if beginnings didn't offer those things, endings would never last. It would just be too hard. We'd be back where we started all the time.
I'm not back where I started. I'm on the opposite side of myself. I'm on the opposite side because I've had a lot of endings that have pushed me beyond what I thought of myself. I've had new beginnings that pulled me beyond what I knew of myself. If you give yourself the space, the challenge, and the sense of adventure to end and begin you wind up in places you never knew you could be.
you're a poet. this is beautyfull
ReplyDelete